Brian Pete is an associate in the New York and Newark offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, and Professional Liability Practices. He has significant experience representing businesses in employment related matters involving discrimination, retaliation, harassment ,and violations of wage and hour laws.
Mr. Pete assists clients in navigating the complex array of federal, state, and local employment laws by advising on employment agreements, terminations, investigations, severance agreements, and proper classification of employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Mr. Pete is also an experienced trial and appellate litigator having handled complex employment and commercial matters from inception through trial and appeal, as well as arbitrations. He regularly appears on behalf of clients in state and federal courts, as well as before administrative agencies including the EEOC, and New York State Division of Human Rights.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Pete represented public school districts in collective bargaining, unfair labor practice proceedings, the defense of union grievances, and First Amendment claims.
- New York University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2011
- The City University of New York, Macaulay Honors College at Lehman, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2008
- State Bar Admissions, New Jersey, New York
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Junior Board Member, The New York Foundling
Rate : $$$$