Brian C. Purcell is the chair of the firm’s Corporate, Securities and Finance Practice Group. He focuses his practice on general business matters, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, structuring of joint ventures and pass-through entity taxation.
- Represented independent insurance brokerage agency in several agency acquisitions including the insurance operations of a banking concern.
- Represented multi-national publicly traded company in the multi-million dollar divestiture of U.S. based subsidiary operating in the aero-space industry.
- Represented broadcast media company in multi-million dollar acquisition of three full-powered television stations.
- Represented Modeling and Simulation Government Contractor in multi-million dollar stock sale to ESOP owned government contractor.
- Represented U.S. based Technical Services Government Contractor in multi-million dollar stock sale to U.S. subsidiary of UK, publicly listed, government contractor.
- Represented port services company in multi-million dollar asset sale to U.S. subsidiary of company traded on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
- Represented landowners in the negotiation and preparation of conservation easements and the sale of Virginia Land Preservation Tax Credits.
- Represented manufacturing company in protesting and obtaining abatement of sales and use tax assessment by the Virginia Department of Taxation.
- J.D., University of Virginia, 1994
- M.S., University of Virginia, 1995
- B.S., University of Virginia, 1990
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Vision: Board Member
- CIVIC Leadership Institute (2004-2005)
- United Way of South Hampton Roads: Board Member
- United Way Community Funding Committee: Former Chairman
- Norfolk Academy: Parent Advisory Council (2014/2015)
- University of Virginia Club of Tidewater: Past Board Member and Past President
Rate : $$$$