Brian Raley is experienced business litigation attorney with a demonstrated history of successful results in trial courts, arbitration tribunals, and appellate courts. Employs a thoughtful and strategic approach to each case, with an emphasis on preparedness, and has a unique ability to connect with a jury.
Mr. Raley has more than twenty years of experience in a broad range of commercial litigation matters, including partnership conflicts, breach of fiduciary duty claims, breach of contract disputes, fraud claims, commercial real estate conflicts (including wrongful foreclosure claims and commercial lease disputes), employment contract disputes, and non-competition/non-solicitation claims.
Mr. Raley represents clients ranging from sizeable corporations to individuals in a variety of industries, such as gaming, telecom, property insurance, commercial properties, recycling, and construction.
Mr. Raley has significant experience trying numerous cases in federal and state trial courts to verdict, as well as conducting arbitrations through the award, confirmation, and collection stages. Mr. Raley also has litigated and argued more than twenty appeals before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the Georgia Court of Appeals, including those cases listed below.
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, LL.M., cum laude
- University of Georgia, J.D.
- Samford University, B.S., cum laude, Public Administration
- Raley & Sandifer, P.C.
- Minkin & Snyder, P.C. (now Greenberg Traurig)
- Finley & Buckley, P.C.
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Southern District of Georgia
- Represented accounting partners before the American Arbitration Association in breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claims against third partner. Conducted extensive discovery on accounting practices of the firm. Obtained favorable award from arbitrator after lengthy hearing based upon forensic analysis of company financials.
- Represented minority shareholders of gaming software company in multi-state dispute involving competing allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of corporate opportunities. After successful motion practice following discovery, negotiated an extremely favorable buy-out of minority shareholders and release of all claims.
- Defended insurance company in federal court litigation involving allegations of unfair business practices and violations of restrictive covenants. Obtained summary judgment on key claims, resulting in settlement on favorable terms.
- Represented group of individuals and their entities that were involved in numerous real estate investments in Georgia prior to recession. Navigated various obligations of borrowers in loan documents and guaranty agreements, and negotiated a series of settlements on each transaction allowing borrowers to avoid filing bankruptcy.
- Represented health care technology company in action against two former officers and shareholders. Case involved claims of violations of the Georgia Computer Systems Protection Act. Negotiated favorable settlement of claims after extensive litigation spanning multiple states.
Rate : $$$$