Brian A. Raynor is a partner in Locke Lord’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice Group. Brian has represented debtors, lenders, and unsecured creditors in a variety of Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, including reorganizations, adversary proceedings, and contested matters.
His bankruptcy experience includes drafting first day motions in Chapter 11 debtor representations, drafting and contesting disclosure statements and plans of reorganization (including competing plans of reorganization), representing debtors and bidders in section 363 asset sales, conducting Rule 2004 examinations, defending and obtaining relief from the automatic stay, and resolving claims disputes.
Brian has also counseled numerous clients on distress risks associated with contemplated investments, litigation strategies, leases, and settlement agreements. This area of his practice involves designing and negotiating agreements that minimize bankruptcy clients’ exposure to distressed creditors by providing clients with enhanced creditor, lessor, and settling party protections.
Brian’s bankruptcy practice is complemented by extensive litigation experience representing clients in federal court, state court, and arbitration. These representations have focused on high-dollar breach of contract disputes, RICO lawsuits, and consumer protection issues.
Representative Experience :
- Represents Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of Sears Holdings Corporation and its debtor-affiliates
- Represented Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation in the negotiation and formulation of a pension plan protection and forbearance agreement with Sears Holdings Corporation
- Counseled hedge fund regarding bankruptcy risks associated with multimillion dollar alternative lending product
- Represented senior lenders in proposing and confirming contested creditor plan in the Whitton Corp. bankruptcies
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Global Capacity Holdings Chapter 11 cases
- Representing mortgage servicers and lending institutions in numerous lawsuits alleging violations of consumer and bankruptcy protections
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- J.D., with distinction, University of Iowa College of Law, 2009
- B.A., magna cum laude, Marquette University, 2006
Admissions : Illinois, 2009
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$