Brian C. Willis represents regional, national, and international clients in every segment of the real estate industry and across the entire state of Florida. With more than 10 years of experience, his clients include:
- National and regional commercial landlords and tenants
- Property managers
- Receivers and trustees
- Publicly traded and privately held REITs
- Owners associations
- Homeowners associations (HOAs)
- Other professionals.
As an innovative problem solver and strong advocate, Brian’s clients value his ability to help navigate the intersection of real estate, business, litigation, and local government entitlements and regulation.
His extensive service on volunteer committees, including work with the Hillsborough Aviation Authority, the Metropolitan Planning Organization, and the Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority, gives him insight and knowledge of government expectations and inner workings, allowing him to effectively and efficiently counsel clients on issues that arise from the ownership, operation, management, acquisition, leasing (NNN – triple net leases, gross leases, build-to-suit), restrictive covenants, easements, and sale of residential, commercial, and undeveloped property.
Brian is a third generation Hillsborough County native with deep ties across the Tampa Bay community. He started and led a nonprofit focused on improving the Tampa Bay region’s transportation issues and has been recognized for his work as an attorney and in the community by the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
- J.D., George Washington University, 2007
- B.S., magna cum laude, Florida State University, 2004
Bar and Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida
- Handling statewide litigation for publicly traded REIT over issues such as tenants’ unpaid rent, CAM, maintenance, and Reciprocal Easement Agreements (REAs).
- Defending regional restaurant chain in litigation and negotiating early termination of lease, guaranty, and sale of FFE on favorable
- Advising physicians group during dissolution of partnership and successful appraisal and buyout of the practice’s real estate assets.
- Representing developer through the acquisition of distressed assets and establishing new master association and condominium.
- Successfully defending against attempt to terminate an unrecorded easement covering access rights between adjacent office and retail properties.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit Authority (TBARTA)
- Hillsborough County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Vice Chair – Citizen Advisory Committee
- The Spring of Tampa Bay, Development Council, 2012-2013
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, Board Member, 2013-2014
- Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners, Citizen Advisory Committee, 2010-2012
- Sulpher Springs Community Garden Project
Rate : $$$