Bridget Vick’s practice consists of commercial litigation, with an emphasis on ERISA, employee benefits, managed care litigation, and fiduciary duty matters. Bridget has represented insurers, plan administrators, third-party claim administrators and employers in lawsuits involving employee welfare benefits.
Bridget has experience litigating medical, disability, life and AD&D benefits, including defending ERISA claims and insurance bad faith claims.
Bridget’s managed care practice includes representing managed care companies in federal and state court, as well as arbitrations, including contractual and extra-contractual disputes involving provider groups and hospitals.
Bridget has experience with lawsuits involving managed care agreements, overpayments and improper billing practices.
Bridget also has experience in lawsuits involving insurance business practices, personal injury claims and workers’ compensation claims. Bridget has represented clients in Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia, Mississippi, Missouri and Iowa.
Bridget’s practice also includes advising on trust, estate, and fiduciary litigation matters. She has represented corporations, high net worth individuals, and families in their capacities as trustees, beneficiaries, and executors on a range of issues.
Clients count on Bridget for her knowledge of Texas law relating to administration and fiduciary duty issues when navigating releases, indemnification agreements, and trust agreements.
- Multiple lawsuits filed by hospitals against employers and ERISA plans alleging ERISA violations
- Recovered overpayments from healthcare providers on medical claims paid as a result of fraudulent or improper billing practices
- Multiple lawsuits filed by hospitals and other healthcare facilities seeking alleged underpayments
- Obtained favorable ruling from the Court of Appeals of Virginia on behalf of amici curiae relating to contractual network for healthcare services rendered to employees injured on the job
- Obtained favorable ruling on mandatory arbitration provision in lawsuit filed by hospital
- Obtained dismissal of class action complaint against health insurer, affirmed by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of defendant in suit over termination of disability benefits, including favorable rulings on contractual limitations and claim review
Obtained dismissal in favor of defendant in suit for AD&D benefits
- Obtained favorable jurisdictional ruling in managed care dispute brought by provider group
- Obtained dismissal of state law claims in favor of defendant in suit for disability benefits
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of defendant in suit involving denial of medical benefits
- JD, South Texas College of Law, cum laude, South Texas Law Review, Order of the Barristers, Board of Advocates, ABA National Moot Court Champion and Best Advocate, Best Brief in the 2009 National Scribes Brief Writing Competition, 2009
- BS, Texas State University, 2005
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Fun Run Committee (2013-2018)
- Special Olympics Committee (2010-2012)
- Habitat Committee, Co-Chair (2011-2012)
- National Association of Women Lawyers Annual Meeting Planning Committee (2015-2016)
- South Texas College of Law Young Alumni Council (2010-2018)
- South Texas College of Law Alumni Coach for Moot Court
- State Bar of Texas Women in the Profession Committee
- United Way Young Leader
- Young Urban Professionals of Easter Seals, Advisory Committee
- The Junior League of Houston
- Volunteer Prosecutor, City of Houston (2010)
Rate : $$$