Bridgforth Rutledge practices primarily in the area of business transactions, with an emphasis on commercial real estate, including sales, leasing and financing. He handles transactions involving shopping centers, office buildings, industrial properties and timber land.
Mr. Rutledge also assists his clients with entity formation, contract drafting and negotiation, and many other issues arising in the day-to-day operation of a business.
His practical experience and negotiation skills set him apart from many other attorneys, and he often fills a role comparable to that of outside general counsel for many businesses who have come to heavily rely on his experience, expertise and insight.
Mr. Rutledge is the head of the business practice group in the firm’s Jackson, Mississippi office. He represents small local clients (such as individual real estate developers and small business owners) as well as some of the largest companies operating in the Southeast United States.
In large multi-state transactions, he is often retained to serve as state real estate counsel to handle all aspects of the real estate located in Mississippi. Mr. Rutledge also represents numerous banks in connection with loan transactions.
He also represents a number of franchisors and franchisees, and he is one of the few attorneys in Mississippi who is knowledgeable and skilled in the area of franchise law. Mr. Rutledge has a unique skill set that is extremely useful to businesses in a number of areas, and his clients value his ability to balance technical legal advice with practical business insight.
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1999; Full Academic Scholarship
- Millsaps College, B.A., magna cum laude, in English, 1994; Dean’s List
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- The Mississippi Bar, Business Law Section (Chair, 2008-2009)
- Mississippi Legislative Advisory Committee – Appointed by Secretary of State to Draft MS Revised Limited Liability Company Act (2009)
- Broadmoor Baptist Church (Deacon, 2009-2012; Teacher, 2008-Present)
- First Commercial Bank (Advisory Board, 2012-Present)
- Represents one of the largest timberland owners in the Southeast United States in all land acquisitions and sales located in the State of Mississippi
- Represented developer in $76 million +/- development and sale of industrial facility for Nissan North America (2014)
- Represented multi-unit Dunkin Donut franchisee in sale of locations to another franchisee (2014-2015)
- Represented NY investment firm in connection with acquisition of real estate portfolio (2015)
Rate : $$$