Brigid M. Carpenter, office managing shareholder in the Nashville office, is a trial attorney whose practice includes products liability defense, catastrophic personal injury defense, and prosecution and defense of commercial disputes.
Ms. Carpenter has tried cases in federal and state courts throughout Tennessee and before administrative agencies of the State of Tennessee. She has also represented clients before the Tennessee Supreme Court, the Tennessee Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Recently, Ms. Carpenter was honored to serve on the faculty of the 42nd annual IADC Trial Academy at Stanford Law School in July 2014.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of Tennessee, B.S. in Communications, 1992, summa cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- Tennessee, 1996
Representative Matters :
- Represented medical device manufacturers, automobile manufacturers, outdoor cooking products manufacturers, elevator manufacturers and automatic door manufacturers in products liability actions.
- Obtained complete defense verdict in state court in a four-day trial against an insurance client. The case had been ongoing for six years and had been to the Tennessee Court of Appeals and back twice.
- Received affirmance by the Tennessee Supreme Court of the trial court’s summary judgment decision awarding commission to a real estate brokerage client.
- Represented national retailers in both malicious prosecution and personal injury cases.
- Represented a fire extinguisher and fire systems service company involving a fire that occurred in a manufacturing facility located in Newport, Tennessee. Plaintiffs asserted allegations of negligence, breach of contract, breach of warranty and other cases of action. The damages alleged by plaintiffs were in excess of $31.5 million.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Recognized as a “Women of Influence” by the Nashville Business Journal (2018)
- Member – American, Tennessee and Nashville Bar Associations
- Board of Directors – Nashville Bar Association (2018)
- Member – International Association of Defense Counsel
- Master of the Bench, Harry Phillips American Inn of Court (2013 – 2014)
Rate : $$$$