Brigid Q. Alford is a member of the Professional Liability Department. She concentrates her practice in various areas of insurance defense and civil litigation, with a focus in insurance coverage matters and litigation of coverage and bad faith claims involving issues arising from motor vehicle, homeowner, professional liability, commercial general liability and other policies.
She has more than 25 years of experience litigating cases in 50 of Pennsylvania’s 67 county courts, in all three of Pennsylvania’s federal district courts and before the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance.
Brigid’s trial resume includes both jury and bench trials in over 10 counties throughout the state, from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia. She has also argued before Pennsylvania’s Superior and Commonwealth Courts, as well as the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals. Brigid also serves as the Managing attorney of our Camp Hill, PA office.
In 1983, Brigid earned her juris doctor from The Dickinson School of Law. She continues to serve as an adjunct assistant professor with the school’s award winning Trial Advocacy Program. She is a 1980 cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Allegheny College.
Brigid is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, where she participates annually in this organization’s Young Lawyers Division statewide High School Mock Trial Competition.
She is a member of the Dauphin County and Cumberland County Bar Associations and has been elected a Master of the William J. Lipsitt American Inns of Court. Other professional associations include membership in CLM.
- Dickinson School of Law, Penn State University (J.D., 1983)
- Allegheny College (B.A., cum laude, 1980)
- Pennsylvania, 1983
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2009
Associations & Memberships:
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association – Panel Chair, Board of Arbitration
- The Honorable William W. Lipsitt American Inns of Court, Master
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute – Co-Chair, Bad Faith Committee
Rate : $$$