Brinkley Dickerson is a leading securities and transactional attorney. His securities practice focuses on the routine periodic disclosure obligations of public companies, and his clients include :
- Domtar Corporation, a leading sustainable paper company
- AGCO Corporation, a leading manufacturer of farm equipment including Massey Ferguson tractors
- Arris International plc, the leading provider of “last mile” equipment for hybrid fiber-coaxial broadband technology
- Belden Inc., a manufacturer of wire and other signal transmission products.
Brink also advises a number of other publicly traded companies, including Southern Company, on a more occasional basis, and he regularly advises FinTech and other start-ups with respect to venture capital, private equity and other financing issues.
Brink has a significant practice counseling companies (including their audit committees) that are subject to SEC investigations of accounting and other issues and are exposed to potential re-audits and restatements.
In the mergers and acquisitions area, Brink has been responsible for over 100 transactions, including five tender offers and acquisitions in over twenty different industries (and often the related equity and commercial financings). Several of these transactions involved the purchase of foreign businesses or had other international components, most often in the European Community.
Representative Matters :
- The acquisition by Domtar of Attends, EAM and Associated Hygenic Products.
- The acquisition by AGCO of Ag-Chem, the Challenger division of Caterpillar, the Sunflower division of SPX, Valtra, GSI and Precision Planting.
- The acquisition by ARRIS of a division of Nortel, TSX, Cadant, C-COR, Digeo, BigBand, Motorola Home, ActiveVideo Networks and Pace.
- The combination of Illinova Corporation and Dynegy, Inc. in one of the largest utility transactions ever.
- The divestiture of several Borg-Warner subsidiaries.
- Two tender offer acquisitions for Laidlaw, a tender offer for a steel tube manufacturer and two tender offers for consumer products companies.
- Fourteen acquisitions of industrial products manufacturers for privately held Tuthill Corporation.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- State Bar of Georgia
- Chicago Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Advisors, corporatecounsel.net
- Director and Treasurer of the American Friends of Versailles
- Director of Chastain Park Civic Association
- Emory University School of Law, J.D./M.B.A., with honors, 1982
- Emory University, B.B.A., 1978
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia, Illinois
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$