Britta Stamps defends clients against product liability and consumer protection claims in both state and federal courts nationwide. Drawing on her experience as a law clerk for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Britta focuses her practice on class actions and appeals.
She has experience advocating for clients in various industries, including tobacco, environmental and toxic tort, construction and pharmaceuticals. Outside of her litigation practice, Britta applies an innovative approach to her work with clients, to assess and minimize risks involved with the development of new products.
Britta also maintains an active pro bono practice. Working with the Missouri Coalition for the Right to Counsel, she has effectively defended clients against felony charges; for example, she achieved a successful verdict for her client following a multi-day jury trial.
She also has represented individuals and juveniles in all stages of family court proceedings and civil litigation, from initial hearings to mediation and appeals.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Arkansas School of Law, 2015
- Arkansas Law Review, Research Editor
- William H. Sutton Barristers’ Union Trial Competition Champion & Best Oral Advocate Award
- Bassett Law Firm Trial Advocacy Award
- Federal Appellate Litigation Project
- Legal Clinic, Student Attorney
- B.A., summa cum laude, Ouachita Baptist University, 2012 (Management, Marketing, Political Science)
- Graduated First in Class
- Bob Riley Outstanding Graduate in Political Science Award
- John Heflin Excellence in Leadership and Academics Award
- OBU Outstanding Service Award
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association of Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Defense Research Institute
- Junior League of Kansas City
- Girls on the Run Young Professionals Board
- The Hon. Bobby E. Shepherd, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Rate : $$$