Brittany Bartley Simpson is an associate in the Firm’s Nashville office, where she practices in the areas of construction law and business litigation. As a member of the Construction Group and Business Litigation Group, Brittany assists contractors and subcontractors, financial institutions, and various business clients in contract negotiations and business-related litigation.
Brittany further represents numerous clients in the entertainment industry. She has successfully defended various clients in front of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, the Tennessee Court of Appeals, and other federal and state courts located in Tennessee.
While in law school, Brittany served as an intern for the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Tennessee for the Honorable Thomas A. Varlan. In addition she was a legal extern at the Volunteer Lawyers and Professionals for the Arts located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Before attending law school Brittany worked for an array of entertainment companies in the Nashville area, specifically Curb Records, RPM Management and Ah-Ha Entertainment. Brittany has continued to pursue her passion for music by working with artists, producers, and songwriters on an array of legal matters.
- The University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2012, summa cum laude
- Belmont University, B.B.A., 2009, cum laude
- Tennessee, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Representative Matters :
- Obtained a favorable decision for a general contractor in full arbitration involving a complicated construction dispute with delay and nonpayment issues.
- Obtained a full defense verdict on a motion for directed verdict in a jury trial.
- Obtained summary judgments in federal and state courts in various financial institution and business litigation matters.
- Obtained favorable decision in front of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in complex financial institution and business litigation matters.
- Successfully defended a personal injury action in a full arbitration proceeding.
- Drafted cease and desist letters for various clients to stop and prevent copyright and trademark infringement.
- Negotiated and drafted an Intellectual Property Assignment Agreement and Consulting Agreement for a franchise client.
- Advised an artist on recording contracts.
- Drafted a television commercial filming agreement for a national restaurant franchise.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member − Tennessee Bar Association
- Member − Nashville Bar Association
- Member − Phi Kappa Phi
- Member − Phi Delta Phi
Community Involvement : President of the Board of Directors − East Nashville Hope Exchange
Rate : $$$$