Brodie James is a litigation associate in Baker Donelson’s Birmingham office where he represents owners, general contractors, subcontractors, developers and suppliers in all aspects of construction disputes. In addition to his construction practice, Mr. James has experience in a wide array of general business litigation.
Before joining Baker Donelson, Mr. James concentrated his practice primarily in the areas of real estate litigation and financial services litigation. He has represented both corporate and individual real property owners, financial institutions, lenders and loan servicers in litigation, mediation and appellate matters across the state of Alabama, having appeared in cases before judges in more than 50 of Alabama’s 67 counties.
Mr. James also has extensive experience advising clients on foreclosure and REO litigation issues, regulatory compliance, real estate sales and redemptions, and title curative issues.
Mr. James formerly served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Nicole Gordon Still of the Tenth Judicial Circuit in Jefferson County, Alabama, and he has studied and lived in Switzerland.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Alabama, B.A. in Political Science, 2008, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- Represented a horizontal directional drilling (HDD) contractor in connection with an AAA-arbitrated dispute over a gas pipeline installation project that resulted in the client being awarded approximately $8 million for unpaid equitable adjustments due to differing site conditions.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a week-long jury trial in Jefferson County (Alabama) in which a homeowner sought more than $1 million in damages in a residential construction matter.
- Represented a general contractor in a complex dispute with the property owner involving the renovation and restoration of a historic hotel that resulted in a favorable award for the client.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Birmingham Bar Association
- Member – Alabama State Bar Association
- Member – United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Birmingham Junior Board
- Member – Arthritis Foundation Junior Board
Rate : $$$