Bronwyn Roberts represents businesses and health and educational institutions in employment litigation matters, including the defense of employment discrimination cases, wrongful discharge cases, wage and hour claims, employment contract matters and restrictive covenant litigation.
She counsels businesses on employment matters, including the preparation of human resource policies, sexual harassment and other employee investigations, hiring decisions, and reductions in force. She also litigates complex commercial claims for her clients.
Ms. Roberts is a member of the Labor and Employment Law and Commercial Litigation sections of the Boston Bar Association and a member of the Advisory Board of the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- Lead counsel for a Fortune 250 energy company in claims against former employees to protect trade secrets, and enforce nonsolicitation agreements.
- Obtained dismissal of employment disability discrimination claims for a community-based brain injury rehabilitation program.
- Obtained a dismissal for a transportation company sued by former employees for alleged violation of the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act.
- As counsel to a national dialysis provider, drafted multi-state employee handbooks and updates; and represented employer with respect to employee garnishment proceedings.
- Successfully represented a restaurant in a wage and hour investigation by the Department of Labor.
- Counsel to a national business machine company in successfully enforcing a noncompetition agreement with one of its former salespersons by obtaining a preliminary injunction in Massachusetts Superior Court.
- Counsel to a food services equipment company in a federal disability discrimination lawsuit. Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of company dismissing complaint.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 1997
- Tufts University, B.S., 1993
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Duane Morris Women’s Impact Network for Success
- Member, Steering Committee
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD)
- Advisory Board, appointed by Governor Charles D. Baker, 2016-present
- Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts
- Vice President of Membership and Statewide Outreach, 2016-2018
- Business Development Committee, 2006-2010
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Woman Advocate Committee
Rate : $$$$