Brooke Barber Kostelnik focuses her practice on real estate law with particular emphasis in the area of commercial real estate finance. Prior to focusing her practice on commercial real estate finance, Brooke concentrated her practice in the areas of corporate and commercial litigation.
On behalf of real estate clients, Brooke has documented and negotiated a variety of loan transactions for large financial institutions and commercial developers, including transactions involving the acquisition, financing and construction of major office buildings, hotels, retail shopping malls, multifamily apartment buildings, student housing centers and health care facilities.
Brooke frequently represents financial institutions as both lenders and agents. Some of her recent projects include:
- Represented borrower in the refinancing of a series of office buildings in the City of Pittsburgh.
- Represented borrower in connection with a revolving line of credit facility for the acquisition of all assets of a target entity.
- Represented agent in making a $135,000,000 term loan to finance a mixed-use development in Phoenix.
- Represented lender in making $50,000,000 revolving credit facility to multiple borrowers secured by a collateral pool of properties located in Tennessee, Texas and Georgia.
- Represented lender in extending multi-million dollar credit facilities for the construction of cottage-style student housing projects in North Carolina and Pennsylvania.
While in law school, Brooke was a judicial extern for the Honorable Chief Justice Donetta W. Ambrose at the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. She later completed a judicial externship with the Honorable D. Michael Fisher at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Brooke was a 2007 summer associate in Buchanan’s Pittsburgh office.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2008, Semester Honors
- Duke University, B.A., 2004, Dean’s List, Romance Languages with a Focus on Spanish Studies and a Minor in Political Science
Rate : $$$$