Brooke E. Niedecken advises and represents clients in a broad range of labor and employment law matters, including litigation, arbitrations and appeals. Her extensive experience in the public sector, as well as her in-house experience, provides her with invaluable perspective in representing clients, which include both private and publicly traded companies, from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
Brooke has represented employers in all aspects of litigation in matters such as discrimination and wrongful termination, covenants not-to-compete, and executive employment contract negotiations.
She has extensive experience in matters involving the following: Title VII and Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Acts, The Americans with Disabilities Act, Employment agreements, The National Labor Relations Act.
As a part of Brooke’s labor law practice, she assists global companies in developing labor relations strategies and human resource policies, among other matters. She has assisted employers with organizing campaigns and collective bargaining, and she has defended employers against charges filed with the National Labor Relations Board and in litigation.
Brooke provides preventative employer training and counseling in order to avoid litigation and to prepare for litigation when it is unavoidable. She regularly advises on day-to-day employment and personnel matters and has helped employers draft employee handbooks and policies. She also served as temporary in-house counsel for a national company where she oversaw all labor and employment matters.
Prior to joining Littler, Brooke was an assistant city attorney for the City of Columbus where she focused on union-related matters. While attending law school, she served as an aide to Professor Morgan Shipman and an extern to the Hon. James L. Graham.
- J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2005
- B.S., Bowling Green State University, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, CASA of Franklin County
- Former Member, Junior League of Columbus
- Member, Women Lawyers of Franklin County
Rate : $$$