Brooke Olaussen represents clients in matters involving telecommunications law. Prior to joining Steptoe, Brooke was the Consumer Protection Fellow at the Electronic Privacy Information Center, where she worked on emerging consumer privacy, data security, and government transparency issues.
She also worked as a legal fellow and law clerk at the Federal Trade Commission’s Division of Privacy and Identity Protection in 2014. While there, she assisted in investigations of potentially deceptive or unfair acts and practices by companies and worked on the litigation teams of two leading cybersecurity cases, Wyndham and LabMD.
- Consumer Protection Fellow,Electronic Privacy Information Center (2015)
- Law Clerk and Fellow, Federal Trade Commission, Divison of Privacy and Identity Protection (2014)
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Laura Cordero, Superior Court of the District of Columbia (2013)
- Law Clerk, Broadcasting Board of Governors, Office of General Counsel (2012-2013)
- Legal Advocate, New York Legal Assistance Group (2012)
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, 2014, Senior Staff,American University Business Law Journal
- B.A., Wesleyan University, 2009, American History
Rate : $$$