As Firmwide Co-Chair of O’Melveny’s Corporate Department, C. Brophy Christensen represents issuers, underwriters, and investors in a wide range of public and private equity and debt offerings and exchange offers. These investment transactions include initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, debt offerings, and convertible offerings.
Brophy advises companies in a variety of businesses, including those in financial services and banking, life sciences, REITs, semiconductors, electronics, software, entertainment, and telecommunications.
Brophy also represents buyers, sellers and financial advisors in connection with public and private strategic transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, joint ventures, spin-offs, and recapitalizations.
He advises corporate clients on matters such as corporate governance, securities, and Sarbanes-Oxley issues, and investment banking clients on securities law-related matters.
In addition to legal advice, Brophy offers his clients a host of services that include finding investment opportunities and helping them select the best investors and financial advisers to fit their needs.
- Represented Western Digital in two secondary public offerings totaling US$1.355 billion.
- Represented CTI BioPharma in more than US$300 million of equity offerings and more than US$300 million of public offerings of convertible securities.
- Represented EFI in diverse corporate and transactional counseling, including: a private placement of US$345 million convertible senior notes; its acquisitions of GamSys Software SPRL, Metrix Software, Press-Sense, Radius Solutions, and SmartLinc; a Dutch auction tender offer and a separate stock option tender offer.
- Represented Francisco Partners in its acquisition of Foundation 9 Entertainment, and in subsequent tack-on acquisitions by Foundation 9 Entertainment, including of Amaze Entertainment and Shiny
- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D.: Order of the Coif, 1997
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.S., Civil Engineering, 1994
Rate : $$$$