Bruce G. Chapman is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Chapman’s practice focuses on patent litigation and he also represents clients in trademark, copyright, trade secret, antitrust and other intellectual property related litigation.
His litigation experience includes representing companies in the many areas of advanced technologies such as medical devices, electronics, software, biotechnology, automotive, and telecommunications. He has represented clients in more than 75 litigations and appeals, serving as lead trial counsel in more than twenty cases.
- Currently representing R&D Telecommunications Company in patent litigation relating to location based services for mobile devices. Enovsys LLC v. AT&T Mobility and AT&T Mobility II(C.D.Cal.)
- Represented manufacturer of cochlear implants against allegation that the companies’ speech processors infringe a patent regarding noise suppression. Adaptive Sonics LLC v. Cochlear Limited and Cochlear Americas (E.D.Tex.)
- Represented U.K. manufacturer of wound care products in trademark litigation resulting in a favorable judgment and permanent injunction. Manuka Medical Ltd. and ManukaMed Ltd. v. Links Medical Products, Inc. (C.D.Cal. Final Judgment 2012)
- Defended large retailer in patent infringement case by a stapler manufacturer, resulting in invalidation of some of manufacturer’s patents. Accentra, Inc. v. Staples, Inc. (C.D.Cal. Final Judgment 2012)
- Represented manufacturer of LED lighting products in trademark litigation, resulting in a favorable judgment and permanent injunction. Ledtronics, Inc. v. Ledtronics, Inc. (C.D.Cal. Final Judgment 2010)
- Represented manufacturer of LED lighting products in trademark litigation, resulting in a favorable settlement. Ledtronics, Inc. v. Ledtronix (C.D.Cal. Settled 2010)
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, 1987
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Detroit, 1983
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$