A traditional real estate lawyer with more than 40 years of experience, Bruce R. Greene focuses his national practice on representing clients in a broad range of real estate matters. He has represented sellers and purchasers of unimproved land, shopping centers, multifamily apartments, office buildings, and other commercial and industrial properties.
He has represented lenders and other financial institutions, as well as borrowers, in connection with all aspects of real estate financing, including workouts and loan restructuring, and commercial mortgage-backed securities transactions; he has represented brokers and property management companies.
He has represented landlords and tenants in sophisticated lease transactions; he has represented developers of commercial, industrial and residential projects; and he has advised clients in connection with deal structuring, including entity selection and formation.
Bruce understands that to effectively represent clients in the current marketplace he needs to be responsive and available 24/7. He also understands the need to become intimately familiar with the client’s business, needs, desires and concerns, so as to be in the best position to achieve the best results for the client.
- Represented a real estate development, investment and operations company in connection with the acquisition, joint venture, leasing, financing, refinancing and sale of the former Raytheon campus in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Represented a real estate development, investment and operations company in the acquisition of an office building in Santa Monica, California. Included negotiation of the acquisition of the building plus land and adjacent office buildings.
- Represented a private equity investment firm in the acquisition of a former telecommunications company campus in Beverly Hills, California, which was reportedly the most expensive office building acquisition in Beverly Hills at the time.
- Represented a real estate development, investment and operations company in the sale of entitled land in California that had formerly been a landfill/dump site.
- Represented a prominent shoe retailer in connection with numerous lease negotiations throughout the U.S.
- Represented a manufacturing company in connection with the sale of a large industrial facility in Vernon, California, involving considerable environmental issues.
- Represented a real estate investment company in a commercial mortgage backed security (CMBS) financing transaction for shopping centers in Tennessee and Indiana.
- Represented English investors in a potential joint venture development of a hotel, retail and multifamily project in Venice, California.
- Represented an individual owner in connection with the sale of a large office building in Irvine, California.
- Represented a real estate developer in connection with the refinancing of an office building in Orange County, California, including the renegotiation of two major tenant leases.
- Represented a publicly traded oil company in connection with the sale of undeveloped land in San Luis Obispo County, California.
- American Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Conservation International
- Hollywood Beautification Team
- Pacific Rising, Inc.
- Phoenix Islands Protected Area (PIPA) Trust
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1976
- B.S., The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 1973, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- California, 1976
Rate : $$$