Bruce Jurist’s practice focuses on the substantive areas of corporate, finance, tax and real estate law. He counsels clients regarding mergers and acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, ongoing business operations, capital accumulation transactions, financing transactions, real property acquisition transactions and leasing.
Mr. Jurist’s practice involves a significant amount of work within certain industry groups including government, banking, energy, telecommunications and healthcare.
- Represented a substance abuse and mental health treatment company in a $231 million debt and equity financing in an effort to move forward with a multi-state rehabilitation center business..
- Represented an institutional pharmacy concern in the formation, with six local hospitals, of a limited liability company engaged in the sale of home medical equipment. Represent the limited liability company in its ongoing operations, subject to appropriate conflict waivers.
- Represented an institutional pharmacy concern in pharmacy joint-venture transactions in Virginia and Ohio.
- Represent lease brokers, leasing companies and banks in regard to municipal leasing transactions.
- Represent clients in regard to the purchase and sale of commercial real property.
- Represented REIT clients on a transactional and ongoing operational basis.
- Represented skilled-nursing companies in regard to the establishment and operation of healthcare REITs.
- Advises clients regarding the legality of sweepstakes and contests, including Internet-based sweepstakes and contests.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., 1988
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Maryland, B.S., 1980
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Association for Governmental Leasing & Finance
- Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore, -Board Member
- PACT – Helping Children with Special Needs (Kennedy Krieger Institute Affiliate), – Former Member, Board of Directors
- CollegeBound Foundation, – Former Board Member
Rate : $$$