Bruce Wiener is a Florida Bar Certified Real Estate Lawyer and focuses his practice on transactional real estate law, commercial lending, and land use. He represents buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of commercial, office, multifamily, student housing, acreage, and timberland property.
His lender representation includes: the preparation of loan documentation for commercial mortgage loan transactions; the preparation of loan documents for construction and development projects; and performing due diligence investigations with respect to collateral, including the review of title, survey, land use entitlement, leasing, and related matters.
Mr. Wiener represents developers and other landowners with respect to the permitting and development of their property, from the initial permitting stage to the actual sale of the completed development or components thereof. Such representation also typically includes assisting the developer with the creation of covenants, restrictions, and easements for the contemplated project.
He regularly provides contract, title, and closing services on behalf of developers and institutions of higher education as to land and projects that are student or university oriented.
- Florida State University College of Law, JD (1993)
- Vanderbilt University, BA, Political Science, magna cum laude (1990)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Served as local counsel, closing agent, and title agent for a multifamily developer in the acquisition of property and the construction loan for a multifamily project worth approximately $40 million upon completion
- Represented a commercial real estate development company in numerous transactions involving build-to-suit commercial projects. The transactions involve the acquisition of land, including resolving legal issues associated with the acquisition, working with lenders, providing title insurance, and handling the subsequent sale to purchasers of the developed project
- Represented a commercial lender in the closing of a loan to fund the acquisition of a distressed loan secured by an office complex. Also assisted the commercial lender in making an additional future advance loan for project improvements upon the successful closing and acquisition, worth $17.8 million
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Tallahassee Bar Association
- Member, The Board of Visitors of The Florida State University College of Law
- Volunteer, Urban Land Institute
- Board Member, The Governors Club
- Former Member, Transportation Planning Advisory Committee for Leon County and the City of Tallahassee
- Past President, Coalition for Positive Growth Management for Leon County and the City of Tallahassee
- Past Chairman and Member, Growth Management Committee for the City of Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$