Bruce Berman focuses his nationwide practice on large and complex commercial disputes in federal and state trial and appellate courts, and in domestic and international arbitration tribunals. He represents U.S. and international clients in cases spanning a wide range of substantive law including aviation, corporate finance, securities, mergers and acquisitions, health law, intellectual property (copyright, trademark and unfair competition), and real estate and commercial lending (real estate, asset-based and lease financing). Bruce heads the firm’s Aviation Industry Group.
A legal scholar and author of a leading state treatise, “Berman’s Florida Civil Procedure” (published annually by West), Bruce has been recognized by the Florida Supreme Court and The Florida Bar by long-term appointment to numerous committees, including the Committee on Standard Jury Instructions in Civil Cases, the Civil Procedure Rules Committee and the Rules of Judicial Administration Committee.
Bruce has been recognized as a leading lawyer, internationally, nationally, and locally, by, among others, Chambers USA (for commercial litigation, since first issuing Florida rankings), the National Corporate Counsel Edition of Super Lawyers (for Florida Business Litigation), Florida Trend’s Legal Elite and Florida Super Lawyers, in addition to being selected for biographical reference in Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in America, and Who’s Who in American Law.
Bruce Berman is a strong choice of counsel for complex commercial disputes and has extensive experience in cases relating to IP, securities, and real estate. He is also highlighted for his strengths in litigation arising out of M&A transactions. He is additionally noted for his expertise in domestic and cross-border arbitrations.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 1972)
- Columbia University (MBA, 1972)
- Williams College (B.A., 1968)
- Partner, McDermott Will & Emery, Miami
- Partner, Weil Gotshal & Manges, Miami
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Former Chair, Civil Procedure Rules Committee (1984-2004)
- Former Chair, Rules of Judicial Administration Committee (1988-2002)
- Beacon Council, Aviation Committee, Miami-Dade County
- Former Community Board Member, New World Symphony (Former Community Board Member)
- President, Feeding South Florida (2008-2010)
- Board of Directors, Feeding South Florida (2008-2011)
Rate : $$$