Bruce R. Millman has more than 40 years of experience counseling private and public sector employers on business and personnel strategies. He works with employers on :
- Wage and hour compliance and compensation issues
- Collective bargaining and other union matters
- Employment discrimination issues
- Sexual harassment and other forms of harassment
Bruce has particular experience representing clients regarding matters falling under the following :
- Federal and New York Worker Adjustment Retraining Notification Act
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act
- Title VII and other anti-discrimination/harassment statutes
- The Family and Medical Leave Act and disability discrimination laws
In addition to counseling, Bruce regularly represents clients at the collective bargaining table, in arbitration, and in administrative agency and court litigation.
Bruce is a frequent lecturer on public and private sector labor and employment law matters for a wide range of professional and legal organizations, which have included the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Practising Law Institute and others.
Bruce serves as the office managing shareholder of Littler Mendelson’s New York office. He is a member of Littler’s Publications Review and Associates Committees, the Core Group of the Wage and Hour practice group and the Business Restructuring practice group, and the subcommittees on Release Issues and WARN Issues for the Business Restructuring practice group, as well as the Traditional Labor, Healthcare, International Labor and other practice groups.
Prior to joining Littler, he was the managing partner of a boutique management labor and employment firm and a partner at another firm.
- J.D., Columbia University, 1973
- A.B., Princeton University, 1970
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- New York Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Former Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Former President, Industrial Relations Research Association, Long Island Chapter
Rate : $$$