Bruce F. Perce is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office whose practice focuses on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and general corporate matters. Bruce regularly represents US and foreign issuers, underwriters and investors in connection with a broad range of capital markets transactions, including public and private offerings of equity, investment grade and high-yield debt and other types of securities.
Bruce is listed in the 2010 edition of The International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers. Bruce also represents clients in connection with the formation and financing of startups.
Bruce represents publicly and privately held companies in connection with other significant transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations, liability management transactions, proxy contests, joint ventures, spin-offs, restructurings and recapitalizations.
Bruce has extensive experience counseling clients on the application of corporate law and SEC regulations to corporate transactions, including the SEC’s tender offer, proxy and going private rules. He also advises companies, directors, board committees and management on corporate governance and SEC reporting and compliance matters, compliance with stock exchange listing requirements, and defensive measures.
Bruce served as interim general counsel of CBOT Holdings, the holding company for the Chicago Board of Trade, following its IPO and continued to represent CBOT Holdings in connection with its merger with CME Group and the settlement of a longstanding exercise right dispute with the Chicago Board Options Exchange.
Bruce represents clients from a variety of industries, including financial services, exchanges and trading, telecommunications, manufacturing and life sciences.
- Colgate University, AB
- University of Wisconsin Law School, JD, cum laude
- Georgetown University Law Center, LLM, with distinction
- Represented the dealer managers in a registered exchange offer by a Tier 1 auto supplier for convertible notes and equity units.
- Represented Republic Services, Inc., in connection with a $340 million Dutch auction tender offer for outstanding debt securities.
- Represented the underwriters in an offering by a major chemical company, and certain selling securities holders of $2.0 billion of common stock and $6.0 billion of senior notes.
- Represented American Cellular Corporation in a tender offer $715 million of senior notes and related consent solicitation.
- Represented Intranasal Therapeutics in connection with a $40 million venture capital financing.
- Represented Lehman Brothers Inc., Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. and the other underwriters in an $81 million public offering of common stock by Cogent Communications Group.
- Represented Dobson Communications Corporation in connection with a $150 million floating rate high-yield debt offering and a $150 million convertible bond offering.
- Represented Assured Guaranty Ltd., a Bermuda company, in connection with its $880 million initial public offering in the United States.
Rate : $$$