Bruce R. Tepikian focuses his practice on products liability defense, litigation and trial. He has extensive experience in complex mass tort litigation. As national counsel for Philip Morris USA and Lorillard Tobacco Company, (along with pharmaceutical and insurance companies), Bruce has successfully handled cases across the country, with extensive experience in the states of Florida, Mississippi, California, Illinois, Oklahoma and Indiana.
On behalf of the tobacco industry, he has also defended cost recovery class actions, and claims brought by individual smokers, attorneys general of various states, union health and benefit trusts, and asbestos companies. Bruce has also been involved extensively in tort reform initiatives in Mississippi.
Bruce has also represented Miller Brewing Company in litigation and regulatory matters. Bruce has spent a considerable amount of time working with jury consultants and communications experts to develop more proficient ways of presenting comprehensive theories and strategies to juries.
From 1994 to 1996, Bruce was a staff attorney with the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit. From 1992 to 1994, he was a legal writing teaching assistant at Valparaiso University School of Law.
Bruce was the recipient of the 2005 William G. Zimmerman Pro Bono Award, and in 2006, with co-counsel, handled pro bono the retrial of a death penalty case.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Valparaiso University School of Law, 1994
- B.S., cum laude, Fordham University, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Bar of Mississippi
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Midwest Innocence Project, Advisory Board
- The Coterie Theatre, Former Member, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$