Bryan Bates focuses his practice on business bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and commercial litigation, in all aspects of distressed situations both in and out of Court, including asset sales, reorganizations, litigation, and Chapter 11 proceedings.
Bryan recently served as debtor’s counsel in In re: Nuo Therapeutics, Inc., Case No. 16-10192 (MFW), United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, resulting in an expedited restructuring of a publicly traded biomedical startup company.
Other debtor engagements include In re: The Cliffs Club & Hospitality Group, Inc., et al., Case No. 12-01220, United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of South Carolina; In re: Southwest Georgia Ethanol, LLC, Case No. 11-10145, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Georgia; In re: Comprehensive Vascular Surgery of Georgia, Inc., Case No. 17-53761, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
Additional public representative engagements include:
- Counsel to Sportsdirect.com Retail Ltd, buyer in In re: Eastern Outfitters, LLC, Case No. 17-10243, United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware.
- Counsel to The Santa Ana Unified School District, California’s fifth largest school system, in In re: Kirk Montgomery d/b/a K.M. Employee Benefits Services, Case No. 11-82598, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Counsel to court-appointed committee of investors in In re: International Management Associates, LLC, Case No. 06-62966, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Counsel to court-appointed bankruptcy Trustee in In re: Southwest Recreational Industries, Inc., et al.; Case No. 04-40656, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
During law school, Bryan was a board member of both the law review and moot court team, and was inducted as a member into both the Brainerd Currie Honor Society and the Order of Barristers.
- Mercer University, 2004, JD, cum laude
- Georgia Institute of Technology, 1999, BS, summa cum laude
Admissions and qualifications : Georgia
Activities and Affiliations:
- Panelist, “Bankruptcy Cases In The New Millennia – How Fast Is Too Fast: How “Chapter 363″ Cases And Pre-Arranged Bankruptcies Are Changing The Landscape Of Restructurings,” Georgia State Bar Bankruptcy Section Annual Meeting, December 14, 2017
- National Webinar, “Bankruptcy Fundamentals for Corporate Counsel: Protecting and Enforcing Creditor Claims in a Chapter 11 Proceeding,” September 7, 2017
- Panelist, “The Nuts and Bolts of Bankruptcy Law,” Georgia ICLE Corporate Counsel Institute, December 16, 2016
- Member of Turnaround Management Association
- Member of Bankruptcy Section of Atlanta Bar Association
- Member of American Bankruptcy Institute
Rate : $$$