Bryan Bienias is an associate in the Chicago office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment department. Mr. Bienias’ practice focuses on labor relations law, as well as defending employers against federal and state age, race, national origin, sex and disability discrimination claims.
Mr. Bienias represents employers in state and federal courts and arbitrations, as well as before the National Labor Relations Board, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the Illinois Worker’s Compensation Commission.
Mr. Bienias provides clients with legal and practical advice on a wide spectrum of labor relations issues, including unfair labor practice charges, representation petitions, strikes, collective bargaining negotiations, and arbitration proceedings arising under collective bargaining agreements.
Mr. Bienias also counsels and defends companies involved in single-plaintiff and complex employment discrimination litigation under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and other state and local statutes, as well as various other common law torts and employment contractual disputes.
Mr. Bienias advises clients on compliance issues, such as reviewing employer’s handbooks, policies and procedures, counseling employers on investigations and disciplinary procedures, and advising clients on compliance with wage and hour state and federal requirements.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology (2012)
- Student Editor, Employee Rights and Employment Policy Journal
- Labor and Employment Certificate Recipient
- Moot Court Honor Society: Champion, National Cultural Heritage Moot Court Competition (2011)
- CALI Awards: International Comparative Labor and Employment Law, Legal Writing I, II, & III
- B.A. in Management, Columbia College (2002)
Rate : $$$