Bryan Gales practices in the area of litigation with a focus on complex commercial litigation, financial litigation and products liability. Mr. Gales represents multinational corporations, consumer goods companies, and financial institutions in complex litigation and regulatory matters.
He has represented clients at all phases of litigation, including pre-litigation counseling and investigation, motions practice, requests for injunctive relief, discovery, trial, and appeal. He has also investigated and reviewed corporate procedures and practices to advise clients on how to avoid litigation and minimize risk.
Mr. Gales has counseled clients through the entire product recall process, including investigating consumer complaints and incident reports, complying with federal and state regulations, drafting reports to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, negotiating recall procedures with federal regulators, and overseeing the product recall and product destruction processes. He has also advised clients on marketing and advertising compliance issues, as well as represented business clients in false advertising litigation.
- Represented financial institutions in commercial litigation involving both statutory and common law retail bank claims, including disputes over account documentation, transactions, and financial instruments.
- Represented lenders and loan servicers in lender liability actions brought under FDCPA, RESPA, TILA, and other consumer fraud statutes.
- Conducted months-long investigation of retailer’s regulatory practices to identify areas of risk and to ensure regulatory compliance, with a specific focus on consumer product regulations.
- Represented publicly traded company in discovery phase of SEC investigation.
- Drafted opinion letter for property and casualty insurance company to provide analysis of insurance policy in preparation for litigation.
- Defended a security services company in construction-related litigation against a real estate developer’s claims.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Washington & Lee University, B.A., 2008
Admissions : Maryland
Rate : $$$$