Bryan Leifer is a partner in the Los Angeles, Dallas, and Seattle offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Class Action & Mass Tort, Consumer Litigation Defense & Financial Services, and Bankruptcy & Insolvency Practices. He has extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts.
He has argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals as well as the California Court of Appeal on numerous occasions, acting as lead counsel at both the appellate and trial court levels. He has served as lead defense counsel in putative class actions in state and federal courts.
Mr. Leifer has represented creditors in multiple aspects of Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy cases, including adversary proceedings. He is experienced in bankruptcy issues surrounding fraudulent transfers, relief from stay, and other nuanced areas of bankruptcy law. His prior experience includes representation of interested parties in state and federal criminal fraud and money laundering matters.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Leifer was an Analyst/Researcher at the International Policy Institute for Counter-Terrorism in Herzilya, Israel. In that capacity, he focused on analyzing terrorist activities in Southeast Asia, where his published findings were utilized by several Southeast Asian governments as well as by the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School.
- UCLA School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Georgetown University, Master of Arts in Government/International Politics
- University of California at Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, summa cum laude
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts,
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States Bankruptcy Courts
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California
- California State Bar
- Washington State Bar
- Texas State Bar
Legal Experience :
- Obtained summary judgment on numerous cases representing Fortune 500 companies.
- Representation of lenders and other interested parties in state and federal criminal white collar fraud cases, including representation as to asset forfeiture issues.
- Prevailed on a multitude of bankruptcy adversary proceedings in addition to creditor and debtor representation in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Successfully argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals as well as arguments before the California Court of Appeal, First, Second, and Fourth Appellate Districts.
Rate : $$$$