Bryce J. Maynard focuses his practice in the area of trademark law. Bryce has significant experience in trademark litigation, including litigation in the federal district courts, the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals and the International Trade Commission, as well as before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
His experience also includes counseling foreign and domestic clients in the selection, clearance, prosecution and monitoring of trademarks in the United States and abroad. He has helped many types of clients obtain trademark registrations and enforce their trademark rights, from individuals to multinational corporations.
He also has significant experience in domain name matters and has helped several clients obtain the transfer of infringing domain names through UDRP proceedings. In addition, Bryce has experience in copyright law, including securing copyright registrations and advising clients in copyright enforcement and litigation.
In 2018, Bryce was named among the world’s leading trademark professionals in the World Trademark Review 1000: “From initial searches to licensing matters and enforcement, he is immensely talented and extremely knowledgeable. He is also timely and easy to get a hold of even under tremendously tight deadlines.”
Bryce was an associate with one of the oldest and largest law firms in the United States focusing exclusively on intellectual property, until its lawyers and other professionals joined Buchanan in 2005.
- Bar Association of DC, Treasurer of the Patent Trademark and Copyright Section, 2014 – 2015; Secretary of the Intellectual Property Section, 2015
- Informational Resources Committee, speaker, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Washington Lawyers for the Arts
- American Bar Association Section of International Law
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2001, cum laude, Lead Articles Editor for the Washington and Lee Law Review
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., 1997, Political Science
Rate : $$$