Bryon Harmon practices in the areas of estate planning, estate settlement and trust administration. He assists clients with the full range of planning techniques for tax-effective intergenerational and charitable transfers.
He also prepares probate documents, estate tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns and represents individuals and estates before the IRS and DRS on audit, and in U.S. Tax Court.
In addition, Bryon actively administers trusts and advises trustees. Bryon services clients in the firm’s Greenwich, Hartford, Lakeville, and Stamford offices. Bryon also serves as corporate trust counsel to a Connecticut bank and trust company.
Bryon is a frequent speaker on various estate planning and administration topics such as fiduciary investing, family business succession planning, and asset protection planning.
- Connecticut Bar Association: Executive Committee, Estate and Probate Section (2001-present)
- Estate and Business Planning Council of Hartford: Board of Directors (2010-2012)
- American Bar Association: Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- New York Bar Association: Trusts and Estates Section
- AmeriCares Professional Advisory Committee
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Connecticut Estate Planning Council
- Hartford Tax Discussion Group (2002-2015)
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of Connecticut, B.A., 1992
Rate : $$$