Byeongsook Seo is a member of the firm’s commercial litigation practice. He took an interesting path to becoming an attorney. Before attending law school, Byeongsook served as an Officer in the United States Air Force after earning an engineering degree from the United States Air Force Academy. This unique experience has served Byeongsook well in addressing an ever changing array of subjects.
Byeongsook has applied his experiences to a broad range of subjects which include the representation of individual clients as well as Fortune 500 companies in complex intellectual property and commercial matters. He has represented high-tech clients in disputes that ranged from patent and trade secret enforcement actions to disputes over the sale of high-tech products.
Byeongsook’s clients have sought his guidance in disputes related to failed business ventures and disputes among business partners, shareholders and directors. He has defended many officers and directors from lawsuits arising out of their business dealings.
Byeongsook has represented clients in real estate litigation that involved construction defects, architectural issues, commercial landlord/tenant disputes and disputes regarding real estate development projects. He has represented commercial landlords and tenants in litigation over possession of property and damages.
Byeongsook represents investors in disputes arising out of their private investments. Many of his cases have involved hearings regarding extraordinary remedies such as injunctions and receiverships. Byeongsook is experienced in all aspects of litigation, including trials and appeals, injunction hearings, receivership hearings and arbitrations.
Representative Experience :
- Represented a company in pursuing claims of fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets and interference against a shareholder and former officer and director arising out of client’s acquisition of company.
- Represented members of a startup oil and gas company in a case initiated by an expelled member of the startup. Plaintiff asserted claims for civil conspiracy, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, unjust enrichment, promissory estoppel, breach of contract and interference with business relations.
- Represented a national engineering firm in a trespass action where plaintiff alleged that the client negligently supervised the construction of overpass.
- Represented minority member in a limited liability company asserting individual and derivative claims in an action against other members of the company and related affiliates for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, breach of fiduciary duty, civil conspiracy and dissolution of the company.
- Represented the estate of a deceased cattle investor along with the widow and a cousin of another deceased cattle investor against a cattle rancher for failing to provide the promised return on the clients’ investment.
- Represented an engineering firm in an action where plaintiff alleged breach of contract, negligence and negligent misrepresentation based on the allegedly deficient design of a waste water treatment system.
- Represented former officers of an acquired connect play company in a dispute with the robotic, digital technology and immersive entertainment company that acquired it to address allegations of pre-purchase misrepresentations. The dispute dealt of the acquiring company framing pre-purchase disclosures as misrepresentations.
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (J.D., 1999)
- United States Air Force Academy (B.S., Engineering Mechanics, 1992)
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Colorado
Other Professional Experience :
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansuhkani, LLP, Partner (2011-2017)
- Isaacson Rosenbaum, P.C., Shareholder (2005-2011), Litigation Department Chair (2008-2011)
- Gorsuch Kirgis, LLP, Attorney (1999-2004)
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Court Admissions :
- Supreme Court of Colorado
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Rate : $$$$