David Brown II focuses on domestic and international commercial transactions, including complex land use, concurrency, comprehensive land plans, and environmental issues. He has led billion-dollar transactions and financings and has organized some of the largest real estate developments in Florida and elsewhere in the country.
Mr. Brown’s professional focus has been directed at organizing major corporate, real estate, and government transactions, including initiation of the State of Florida’s successful efforts to recruit Scripps Research Institute in Palm Beach County and the Burnham Institute in Orange County, Florida, with the combined investment of state and local funds of approximately $1 billion.
Mr. Brown was appointed to the Florida Transportation Commission from 1999 to 2004, where he served the Commission as Chairman from 2000 to 2003. As part of his service to the Commission, he testified before the State Legislature on numerous transportation issues, helped oversee the $5 billion budget and restructured the Department of Transportation.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD (1978)
- University of Florida, BSBA, Accounting (1973)
Admissions : Florida
- Member, American Bar Association
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, University of Florida (2012-2015)
- Member, Board of Trustees, University of Florida (2004-2008)
- Member, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Florida Council of 100 (2003-Present)
- Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, Orlando Health (2011-Present)
Rate : $$$