C. Dennis Loomis has more than 25 years of experience representing (among others) major entertainment entities, manufacturers, consumer product companies, high-tech concerns, Internet service providers, educational institutions, trade organizations, advertisers, artists and entrepreneurs, both as a litigator and as a strategic advisor concerning intellectual property matters and complex business disputes and transactions.
In the litigation arena, Dennis’ legal practice has focused primarily on sophisticated, complex litigation, primarily involving intellectual property and business torts, with additional experience in tax, regulatory, real estate and antitrust matters.
He has successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in numerous jury and bench trials, in state and federal courts, on appeal, in arbitration and mediation, and in other ADR tribunals.
Dennis is a member of the American, California and Los Angeles County Bar Associations and the British American Business Council. He is a Eucharistic minister, lector, and member of the internationally known choir of St. Cyril of Jerusalem Church, and active in various pro bono engagements, including recurring work for World Vision International.
- Serving as principal outside counsel for a Fortune 100 consumer products manufacturer on all domestic and international intellectual property issues involved in the development and rollout of a retail website.
- Representing the proprietor of a breakthrough medical technology in domestic and international licensing, manufacturing, R&D and distributor relationships.
- Representing a major entertainment trade organization in an antipiracy litigation program, successfully prosecuting more than 600 federal lawsuits authorizing no-notice seizures of infringing goods.
- Designing anti-counterfeiting copyright/trademark enforcement programs and managing a national network of correspondent counsel and investigators for licensed merchandise based on major motion pictures and television series.
- Managing domestic and international trademark portfolios for consumer products, publishing, Internet and entertainment companies.
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Associations
Community : Choir of St. Cyril of Jerusalem Church, Eucharistic Minister, Member
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law, 1978, Order of the Coif, Note and Comment Editor for the Law Review
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1973, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$