C. Jason Avery is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate Practice Group and the Natural Resources and Banking and Financial Services Practice Teams. Unlike many other lawyers who concentrate in either a transactional practice or litigation, Jason represents clients in both areas, splitting his time between real estate transactional matters and real estate and mortgage litigation.
This hybrid practice allows Jason to think progressively on transactional matters by understanding potential areas of conflict that could arise in later litigation, and to advocate for his client with a deeper understanding of real estate principles on litigated matters.
On the transactional side, Jason has broad experience in various commercial real estate transactions, including real estate secured lending, commercial leasing, real estate acquisitions and dispositions and zoning matters.
Jason also represents banks in the workout and disposition of troubled assets, and advises clients in oil, gas and mineral leasing and development. And, with the aim of decreasing risk and potential litigation for his financial services clients, Jason developed and implemented document execution policies and procedures for one of the nation’s largest mortgage servicers.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2006, cum laude; Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society, 2005-2006; Alabama Law Review, Developmental Editor, 2005-2006; Alabama Law Review, Junior Editor, 2004-2005; John A. Campbell Moot Court Board, 2005-2006
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.S., 2001, cum laude
Professional & Community Activities :
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar, Leadership Forum, 2017
- ABA Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Young Lawyers Section of Birmingham Bar Association
Rate : $$$$