Tyler Ball is an attorney in the Firm’s Jackson, Mississippi office. Mr. Ball is a member of the Firm’s Business Department, where he primarily focuses his practice in the areas of general business law, taxation, and estate planning.
Mr. Ball routinely advises clients on tax and business matters, including the organization of for-profit entities, the provision of general counseling to ongoing businesses, and the representation of businesses and their owners in connection with many types of transactions.
His representative experience with mergers and acquisitions and general counseling includes public and private companies engaged in manufacturing, automotive sales and financing, transportation, oil services, financial transactions, large-scale commercial landscaping, commercial and industrial HVAC design, maintenance, and installation, IT and cloud solutions, foodservice, and retail sales of consumer goods, among others.
Mr. Ball also regularly assists clients with income and estate tax planning, including business succession planning for closely-held enterprises. Mr. Ball also has experience representing clients’ interests in tax-related disputes at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. Taxation, 2012, with distinction
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2011, cum laude
- Mississippi College, B.S., Accounting, 2008
- Mississippi, 2011
- U.S. Tax Court
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- Represented the owners of a large-scale manufacturer in the sale of their stock to a publicly traded company for approximately $400 million, as part of which a §338(h)(10) election (an election to treat the transaction as an asset sale for tax purposes) was made.
- Represented client’s interest in the acquisition of a large retail food service franchisee.
- Represented a middle-market medical device manufacturer in the sale of its assets to a private equity firm, from which the historic owners received cash and rollover equity.
- Ongoing provision of general counseling to businesses in a variety of industries, including a prominent national automobile dealer network, a regional furniture and mattress retailer, a nationally recognized IT solutions provider, and a medical device manufacturer, among others.
- Assisted numerous clients with estate and business succession planning, which in many cases included the development of multi-generational gifting plans.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Mississippi Bar Association;
- Member – Capital Area Bar Association
- Graduate – The Mississippi Bar 2017 Leadership Forum
- Member – The Federalist Society; President – Student Division (2009 – 2010)
Rate : $$$