C.W. (Peter) Flynn has worked on behalf of public companies and broker-dealers in the area of securities litigation for the past 30 years. Peter is a member of the Firm’s multi-disciplinary White Collar Criminal Defense & Internal Investigations practice group.
He was formerly an attorney with the Trial Unit of the SEC’s Division of Enforcement in Washington, D.C. He has substantial experience defending securities class action suits and has represented companies and individuals in SEC and other regulatory investigations.
Peter is also experienced in securities and commercial arbitration, and he has represented clients in arbitration proceedings before panels of FINRA and the American Arbitration Association.
Representative Experience :
- Representation of former chief financial officer of public company in connection with Section 10(b) class action arising from restatement of financial reports.
- Representation of bond trading unit of major financial institution in prosecution of claims in arbitration against regional bank for failure to pay for securities.
- Representation of regional securities firm in connection with SEC investigation arising from allegations of market timing in the trading of mutual funds.
- Representation of public company in putative class action filed in Delaware Chancery Court defending breach of fiduciary duty claims arising from going private transaction.
- Representation of securities firm in connection with grand jury investigation of allegations of bid rigging in municipal underwriting business.
- Law firm of Locke Lord LLP
- Of Counsel (2011 to present)
- Partner (1985 – 2010)
- Trial Attorney, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C. (1982 – 1985)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Securities Section
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1978
- B.A., Princeton University, 1973
- Texas, 1985
- California, 1978
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$