Caitlin Tharp has a wide-ranging tax practice. She has represented clients in tax controversy matters before the US Tax Court and the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Caitlin is particularly familiar with tax issues affecting the insurance and energy industries, and has helped companies obtain renewable energy tax credits.
She also has assisted clients in matters before the Internal Revenue Service, including filing voluntary disclosures, requesting technical advice memoranda, complying with information reporting requirements, and filing protests with the Office of Appeals, as well as with advice regarding the Section 199 domestic production activities deduction.
- Legal Affairs Intern, California Governor’s Office
- Legal Intern, Airbus Americas
- Legal Intern, Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Inspector General
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- US Tax Court
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, 2016, with distinction, Taxation
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2015
- B.A., Stanford University, 2012
Rate : $$$