Over the course of his 30-year career, Cal Burnton has tried and won numerous complex toxic tort and product liability cases, earning a national reputation for his ability to defend challenging mass tort and class action litigation. In addition to being a litigator, Cal is a trusted counselor to his clients, advising on issues regarding government regulations, product safety, and ethics.
He also lectures regularly on product liability issues in the US and Japan. From chemical exposure and groundwater contamination cases, to toxic torts involving personal injury and diminished property value claims, to catastrophic and mass disaster litigation, Cal is widely sought after for his track record of success with the most sensitive and arduous of matters.
He has represented clients in federal and state courts in almost every state across the United States. His repertoire of clients includes leading manufacturers and sellers of products such as chemicals, heavy industrial machinery, and consumer products.
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy
Bar & Court Admissions:
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- J.D., Marquette University, 1981, with honors
- B.B.A., University of Wisconsin, 1978, with honors
Rate : $$$