Calli Jo Padilla concentrates her practice in complex commercial and business litigation, casualty defense, construction litigation, and catastrophic tort matters. She represents both individuals and entities in a wide variety of disputes in both state and federal courts throughout the country. Calli has secured numerous dismissals, judgments, and favorable settlements for her individual and corporate clients.
Calli also draws on her litigation experience to provide representation and valuable guidance to individuals and corporations who are subjects of government investigations and facing potential criminal exposure. In this role, Calli also conducts internal investigations and assists companies in developing and implementing compliance programs.
Calli is a hiring partner at the firm and is actively involved in summer associate and lateral recruiting and in the mentoring of junior associates. She is also an active member of the firms’ Women’s Initiative and is the former chair of the firm’s Associates Committee.
Active in pro bono and community work, Calli currently serves on the Eastern District of Pennsylvania’s Attorney Panel for Pro Se Prisoner Civil Rights Cases and does work with the Pennsylvania Innocence Project and the Support Center for Child Advocates.
Calli graduated from Princeton University with a degree in politics, where she served as the captain of the women’s varsity softball team. Calli received her law degree, cum laude from the Villanova University School of Law. While at Villanova, she was a member of the Villanova Law Review serving as both a staff writer and a managing editor.
In addition, Calli participated in the Civil Justice Clinic, worked as a research and teaching assistant, and served as president of the Women’s Law Caucus. Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Calli participated in the firm’s Summer Associate Program.
- Provided advice and counsel to an NCAA student-athlete regarding the student-athlete’s eligibility for NCAA competition.
- Represented an international supplier of automotive parts in connection with a federal antitrust investigation. We convinced the U.S. Department of Justice to drop the investigation without any charges filed against the client.
- Represented numerous individual homeowners in claims against home builders for negligent construction and consumer fraud for improper construction of new homes.
- Assisted with an audit of a prominent university’s interactions with minors and assisted with the preparation of recommendations of new, multi-disciplinary policies and procedures to govern those interactions to minimize risk of abuse.
- Represented a corporate executive in a civil lawsuit brought under the False Claims Act regarding a health-care services company’s alleged billing practices and violations of Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Laws.
- Assisted with an internal investigation for The Wine Advocate, a pre-eminent publisher of wine ratings and criticism, into allegations of impropriety by former associates.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Princeton University, B.A., 2007
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Rate : $$$$