Callie A. Bjurstrom, a Pillsbury Intellectual Property partner and board member, is recognized by the Daily Journal as a top litigator delivering big wins. A tenacious client advocate, Callie has successfully tried cases to verdict as lead counsel in both state and federal courts, as well as represented clients before the International Trade Commission.
The San Diego-based lawyer litigates patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, unfair competition and unfair business practices disputes. Callie skillfully protects her clients’ IP rights in such diverse industries as telecommunications, gaming, manufacturing, consumer products and medical devices.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Prevailed in a unanimous 10-day trial on behalf of San Diego Comic Convention in which a California federal jury found that a rival event in Utah infringed on our client’s “Comic-Con” trademarks. Obtained an exceptional case finding and nearly $4 million in attorney’s fees and costs.
- Represented Cuker Interactive LLC in a “David and Goliath” trade secret dispute involving website development for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. An Arkansas jury found that Wal-Mart misappropriated trade secrets, awarding more than $12 million in damages.
- Led HM Electronics defense in two patent infringement cases involving restaurant pager technology. Won dismissal of both cases with prejudice after thwarting two injunction motions and obtaining successful claim construction rulings.
- Obtained a permanent injunction for client LG Electronics MobileComm upon discovering a former employee stole valuable trade secrets related to a new mobile phone product and shared them with a competitor.
- Trial counsel for ZTE in numerous district court actions involving patent infringement claims pertaining to wireless handset devices.
- Trial counsel for HTC in numerous district court actions involving patent infringement claims pertaining to wireless handset devices.
- Representation of Jack In The Box® in a trademark dispute with its former master licensee for Mexico resulting in a verdict for Jack In The Box® in excess of $3 million, as well as a permanent injunction.
- Participated as part of the trial team representing automobile manufacturers in numerous jury trials involving product liability and warranty claims.
- Lead counsel in over 30 arbitration hearings on behalf of automobile manufacturers and dealers involving product liability, warranty and unfair business practices claims.
- J.D., University of Arizona College of Law, 1988
- B.A., Political Science and History, University of Wisconsin, 1984
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. International Trade Commission
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
Rate : $$$