Calvin L. Litsey has handled complex intellectual property and commercial cases for more than 25 years. He is the former head of the firm’s global intellectual property practice and Silicon Valley and Los Angeles offices.
Cal has successfully tried and handled patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, advertising, media, entertainment and commercial cases throughout the United States and in proceedings in the U.K., Germany and Australia for a wide variety of companies and individuals, including Seagate Technology, Lumentum, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Wyeth, IHS Markit, Coloplast, Target, Pella Windows, Warner Bros, Columbia Pictures, ASCAP and Prince.
He is a longstanding editor of The IP Book, a comprehensive IP manual published annually by the Midwest Intellectual Property Institute, and has taught advanced intellectual property litigation seminars as an adjunct professor at multiple law schools.
Cal also advises clients on copyright and other intellectual property commercial matters, including transactions involving publishing, music, works of art and other media.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Law Review (articles editor)
- Yale University, B.A. magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Minnesota, California.
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Clerkships : U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, Hon. Harlington Wood Jr., 1983-1984
Professional Associations :
- University of Minnesota Law School — Former Adjunct Professor
- INTA Trademark Reporter Editorial Board — Former Member
- Copyright Society of the U.S.A.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Civic Activities :
- Minnetonka School Board — Past Chair
- The Children’s Theatre Company — Past Officer and Director
- Yale Alumni Schools Association
- Stetson University School of Music — Board of Advisors
Rate : $$$