Camalla Kimbrough Guyton is a litigation associate in the Firm’s New Orleans office, focusing her practice on employment law, commercial litigation and financial institution litigation. Ms. Guyton also has a broad range of experience assisting with medical malpractice defense, construction defense matters, and bankruptcy and collection matters.
In the area of employment law, Ms. Guyton has helped to defend nationwide collective actions brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act and related class actions across the country. She has also assisted in defending clients against charges of race discrimination, sex discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation.
In the area of commercial litigation, Ms. Guyton represents financial institutions in a wide variety of matters, including mortgage servicing litigation and other mortgage-related matters, lender liability claims, wrongful foreclosures, and claims of unfair and deceptive trade practices. Ms. Guyton also assists clients in a variety of business transactions, including corporate acquisitions and obtaining tax and economic incentives.
Ms. Guyton’s pro bono work includes assisting non-profit organizations through the Baker Donelson Non-Profit Institute. While attending law school, Ms. Guyton served as an intern for the Honorable Ivan L.R. Lemelle of the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2011
- Duke University, B.A., 2008
- Louisiana, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Federal Bar Association
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – New Orleans Bar Association
- Member – Association for Women Attorneys
- Member – The Greater New Orleans Louis A. Martinet Legal Society, Inc.
Civic Honors & Activities:
- Board of Directors – Funny Bones Improv
- Member – Duke Alumni Association
Rate : $$$