Cameron Asby is a trial lawyer in Duane Morris’ Trial Practice Group with a practice focused on all phases of complex commercial, intellectual property and employment litigation. Mr. Asby also represents healthcare providers in False Claims Act litigation and government investigation.
Mr. Asby’s practice routinely involves matters concerning non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, trade secrets, unfair competition, franchisor/franchisee disputes, fraud, business torts, shareholder oppression, employment discrimination, complex breach of contract claims, white collar criminal defense, and False Claims Act and Stark law violations.
Mr. Asby has valuable experience representing clientele of varying sizes in state and federal trial courts throughout Texas and across the United States. Mr. Asby has represented sophisticated investors in disputes with partners, healthcare providers in qui tam and fraud allegations and government investigations, and small businesses and entrepreneurs in breach of contract actions.
In addition to representing businesses and individuals in commercial litigation, Mr. Asby devotes a substantial amount of his time and energy to the local community through volunteer programs and by providing pro-bono legal services. Mr. Asby has worked with Human Rights First to assist individuals seeking asylum in the United States.
Mr. Asby is a 2011 cum laude graduate of Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and a 2005 graduate of Texas A&M University where he received his Bachelors of Arts in Speech Communication.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Duane Morris LLP, – Associate, 2014-present
- Andrews Kurth, – Associate, 2011-2014
- Successfully defended franchisee in franchisor’s application for preliminary injunction based upon breach of contract, non-competition, and trade secret allegations in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- Successfully represented a former employee of a technology company in a stock dispute with a former employer.
- Obtained successful result for commercial landlord in evicting holdover tenant.
- Currently representing a healthcare provider in response to the Department of Justice’s civil investigation in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Currently representing securities broker-dealer in non-competition and non-solicitation litigation in multiple jurisdictions in Texas.
Rate : $$$$