Mr. Cameron W. Macleod is an experienced land use attorney, having secured development approvals and litigated challenges to approvals throughout New Jersey. His practice focuses on development and redevelopment of industrial, commercial, and residential properties, with an emphasis on affordable housing issues.
He works with clients to secure redevelopment designations, prepare favorable redevelopment plans, negotiate and secure financial agreements and PILOTs, and create strategies for the development of properties in a manner to limit risk.
Mr. MacLeod regularly appears in front of planning and zoning boards on behalf of residential developers, non-profits, commercial and industrial developers, and local business owners. He is also experienced in land use and property litigation, having represented property owners and trade associations in prosecuting and defending challenges to local land use approvals and regulatory actions by municipalities, including declaratory judgment and constitutional compliance litigation, actions in lieu of prerogative writ, quiet title actions, and actions for discharge of deed restrictions and restrictive covenants.
He has also been involved in briefing on behalf of the New Jersey State Bar Association before the Appellate Division and Supreme Court of New Jersey in significant matters related to land development in New Jersey.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D.)
- Managing Technical Editor, War Crimes Prosecution Watch, Vols. 5&6
- Executive Notes Editor, Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law, Vol. 44
- The College of Wooster (B.A., cum laude)
- State of New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Land Use Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- New Jersey Builders Association
- Environmental Committee
- Highlands Subcommittee
- International Law Students Association
- Memorial Judge, Jessup Moot Court Competition
Rate : $$$