Cameron P. Pope’s practice includes all aspects of state and federal litigation in commercial litigation, with an emphasis on the preparation of appellate briefs and oral advocacy in appellate proceedings.
He also assists in pretrial and trial strategy, preservation of error at trial, preparation of and arguing jury charges, post-verdict proceedings in trial courts, and analysis of the trial record for appellate potential.
Cameron has represented clients in state and federal appellate courts such as the US Courts of Appeal for the Third, Fifth and Tenth Circuits, the Supreme Court of Texas and many intermediate courts of appeal.
Cameron has a significant amount of experience in oil and gas disputes, toxic tort litigation, labor and employment, as well as a particular focus in disputes involving employee benefits, managed care and ERISA.
- Obtained $41 million summary judgment on behalf of managed care company for fee forgiveness and illegal kickbacks to referring physicians.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant oil and gas company in a dispute involving an area of mutual interest, issues of Colorado and North Dakota law, and more than $650 million in alleged damages. Handling appeal currently pending before the U.S. Court of Appeal for the Tenth Circuit.
- Appellate counsel for public charter school in action alleging “takings” claim against the school under the Texas Constitution. The court of appeals affirmed judgment for clients.
- Appellate counsel for benefit plan administrator in putative class action over medical benefits. The United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit affirmed judgment for clients.
- Secured $8.4 million judgment on behalf of a managed care company to recover payments made to a hospital and free standing emergency clinics based upon fraudulent misrepresentations.
- JD, University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, Houston Law Review, Chief Notes & Comments Editor, 2001
- MA, University of Houston, 1998
- BA, Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand, with honors, 1994
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- US Supreme Court
- Texas Fourteenth Court of Appeals
- Board Member, The Joy School Endowment Fund
- Houston Bar Association, Appellate Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$