Cameron W. Westin is an experienced and dedicated litigator who specializes in intellectual property litigation, with an emphasis on patent and technology-related matters. He has particular experience litigating matters related to electrical, computer, and semiconductor fields.
His recent litigation experiences include defending the industry leaders in consumer electronics field against claims of patent infringement ranging from wireless standards and 3D graphics technology to power adapters.
In addition, Cameron has significant experience obtaining patents on behalf of his clients. Cameron also works diligently to protect his clients’ intellectual property, including their proprietary research and development, products, technologies, and ideas.
- Defending a leading consumer electronics manufacturer in a patent infringement action involving 3D graphics technology (E.D. Tex.)
- Defending a leading innovator in the consumer electronics field in a patent infringement action involving power adapter interface technology (C.D. Cal.)
- Defended a leading consumer electronics manufacturer and distributer in patent infringement action involving 802.11 wireless standards (E.D. Tex.)
- Counsel to a consumer electronics company in a patent infringement action where client’s mobile phones and tablets were accused of infringing multiple patents involving graphics processing and display (E.D. Va.)
- Defended a leading consumer electronics company in patent infringement action involving an array of computer system technology including computer power management, video data compression, bus architecture, and interface technology (D. Del.)
- Counsel to a consumer electronics company in patent infringement action involving computer memory and processor cache technology (C.D. Cal.)
- Represented major telecommunications company in patent infringement case involving internet protocol (IP) transmission technology and media delivery (S.D. Tex.)
- Defended auto manufacturer in patent infringement case involving in-vehicle media systems, successfully transferring the case from Arkansas to the client’s preferred venue (W.D. Ark.)
- Represented manufacturer of high quality, performance, automotive instrumentation in patent infringement and fraud case involving automobile bezel technology (W.D. Wis.)
- Worked with clients to strategically develop their patent portfolios in the United States and abroad
- Drafted and successfully obtained numerous patents on behalf of clients in technology areas such as semiconductors, digital memory, photonics, electricity distribution systems, digital imaging, and digital processing technology
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- Duke University, J.D.: Articles Editor, Duke Law and Technology Review
- University of Miami, B.S. Electrical Engineering: with honors
Rate : $$$$