Camille C. Bent concentrates her practice in the areas of bankruptcy, financial restructuring and commercial litigation. She has significant experience in litigation arising out of corporate insolvencies, including in fraudulent transfer, negligent misrepresentation and wrongful redemption cases.
Camille has represented debtors, creditors and other interested parties in a variety of industries. She approaches all situations with a detail-oriented and analytical eye toward the most effective and efficient solution.
- Currently represents Irving H. Picard, Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, LLC, and litigates multimillion-dollar avoidance and recovery action against foreign and domestic entities to recover fraudulent transfers for the benefit of defrauded investors.
- Represented an international shipping company and its affiliates in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding, resulting in a consensual plan that maximized value for debtholders.
- Represented a public manufacturer of medical devices, including preparation of Chapter 11 schedules and first-day motions, omnibus objections, and preference defense pleadings and settlement agreements.
- Represented plaintiffs in a fraudulent inducement and fraudulent transfer action, including drafting of discovery requests and responses, subpoenas, and confidentiality agreements.
- New York City Bar Association
- Bankruptcy & Corporate Reorganization Committee: Co-Chair, Fraudulent Conveyance Subcommittee
- Associate Leadership Institute: Member
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, New York Network
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Association of Black Women Attorneys
Community : Directions for Our Youth, Inc.
- M.B.A., Emory University Goizueta Business School, 2009
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$