Camille M. Miller concentrates her practice in all aspects of intellectual property, specifically trademark, trade dress, copyright, unfair competition, cyber security and data breaches, right of privacy, right of publicity, domain names, counterfeiting, licensing, trade secret, and franchising law, as well as all areas of intellectual property litigation, including patent, trademark, and copyright.
She is a member of the firm’s Management Committee and a member of the firm’s Board of Directors. Camille is a member of the Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations. She is also a member of the Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association, the Trademark Legislative Committee of the Intellectual Property Organization, and the Copyright Society of the USA and its Philadelphia Chapter.
She is also a member of the National Women’s Association and the Ben Franklin American Inn of Court. Camille is also an active member of the International Trademark Association, participating on the Emerging Issues Committee (2014-2015), Trademark Classification Committee (2012-2013), Trademark Trade Dress Committee (2008-2011), Trademark Reporter Committee (2006-2007), and Emerging Issues Subcommittee of the Issues and Policy Committee (2002-2004).
Camille has published numerous articles and has also spoken on IP issues for many legal associations. She has been interviewed by the general press and legal outlets, including Philadelphia Business Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, Women’s Wall Street, USA Today, The American Lawyer, and Business Journal of Portland.
Camille has also served as a guest lecturer at Drexel University, Drexel University LeBow College of Business, Fox School of Business, Rutgers Law School, Temple University Beasley School of Law, University of Miami School of Law, University of Pennsylvania, and The Wharton School. She recently served as a mentor for the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Bizwomen Mentoring Monday.
- Served as lead trial counsel for Aramark Services, Inc. in successfully defending against a temporary restraining order (TRO) filed against its 412 SPIRITS kiosks in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ stadium.
- Served as lead trial counsel for Patriot National Insurance in a trademark cancellation action before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board successfully invalidating the PATRIOT RISK INSURANCE trademark registration.
- Served as lead trial counsel for Beachbody, LLC in prosecuting a trademark infringement, unfair competition, and counterfeiting case adverse to Walmart and Universal Nutrients.
- Served as lead trial counsel for Barcade in prosecuting various establishments that are attempting to use the incontestable BARCADE registration, all resulting in defendants discontinuing use of BARCADE.
- Served as lead trial counsel for Beachbody, LLC and its BODY BEAST fitness program in defense of trademark infringement and unfair competition claims filed by USA Nutraceuticals.
- Served as lead trial counsel for Arora Board Review and various doctors in defense of claims of copyright infringement and breach of contract filed by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Served as lead trial counsel representing Jon Bon Jovi and the Philadelphia Soul Arena Football Team in prosecuting a trademark and copyright dispute.
- Served as co-counsel representing National Association for Stock Car and Auto Racing, Inc., where NASCAR won a summary judgment leading to a ruling that NASCAR owns the worldwide copyrights to the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Trophy. This ruling was upheld by the Third Circuit.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D., 1991
- Franklin and Marshall College, B.A., 1987
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Northern District of Illinois
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
- Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association
- Philadelphia Chapter of the Copyright Society
- American Intellectual Property Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
Rate : $$$$